According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, to drive your private or commercial vehicle in Kerala and rest of the India you should have a driving license in India. This act is valid in Kerala as well as in other Indian states. Kerala Driving Licence is issued by the Regional Transport Offices (RTO) is in the state. The RTO are entrusted with the responsibility of issuing driving licenses to its citizens. The RTO also looks after the services related to the issuance of NOC, Renewal, and International Driving License etc.
Kerala Driving Licence Test Details
Kerala Driving Licence Test is conducted in two phases. The first is a ground test and the second test is the road test. After you get the learner’s license, 30 days later that you can apply for the driving license and within 180 days you have to apply. Submit all the documents and apply for the driver’s license.
To get Kerala State driving licence, you have to go through a driving license test. For that, you need to get the receipt of your application and get a timing slot suitable to you.After you complete all the application process and get a slot for the test, you need to sharpen your skills about driving, road safety and prepare well for the test. You need to be there at least an hour before the allotted time to give the test with the Motor Vehicle Inspector on the designated track.
Driving Licence Test Procedures:
1. Driving Test
The driving test will be like driving an ‘8’ along the track, driving the ‘H’ shape along the designed track and the ‘uphill’ testing of the driving will be done. There can be changes in the procedure but mostly your this skills are tested. Along with the driving skills, the inspector will make sure that you are aware of the road safety measures, that you use indicators, headlights and the horn wisely.
Shifting smoothly the gears, driving safely and properly along the track is the one objective of the test which you have to understand and get passed. Understanding and analyzing all the aspects of the test you gave, the inspector judges you and decides whether you are eligible for the permanent license or not. Once you have passed the test, you will be getting a receipt which you can use as your driving license until you get the permanent real driving license by the speed post.
2. Signs Test
Traffic signs warn or guide the drivers and provide information about the road conditions, rules to be followed at major traffic points, highways and give information about the traffic diversions. A person should be aware of the traffic signs and symbols in order to pass the driving license test in Kerala and rest of the country.
There are Three Types of Road Safety Signs
1. Mandatory Signs– These signs help drivers aware of certain road rules and regulations. Violation is an offence under Motor vehicle act.
2. Cautionary Signs– These signs make road users aware of the different road conditions ahead
3. Informatory Signs- These Road safety signs provide information about distance, important locations like petrol pumps, public toilets, hospitals, alternative routes and destinations.
1.Sound the horn and continue driving
2.Slow down and pass
3.Stop the vehicle, allow the pedestrian to cross the road and then proceed.
Answer: Option 3
Answer: Option 1
1. Keep left
3.Compulsory turn left
Answer: Option 3
1. Go to the police station
2. Stop the vehicle and report to the police station
3. Provide immediate medical attention to the injured and then report the matter to police within 24 hours
Answer: Option: 3
1. Give way
2. School Ahead
3. Dead End
1. Through the left side of that vehicle
2. Through the right side of that vehicle
3. Through any side
1. By looking at the number plate colour of the vehicle.
2. By looking at the body colour of the vehicle.
3. By looking at the size of the vehicle
1. 3 months
2. 1 Year
3. 6 Months
1. Super Fast Buses
2. Police Vehicles
3. Ambulance & Fire Vehicles
1. One Way
2. Turn Left
3. No Entry
1. While driving slow
2. If the road is wide
3. When the driver of the vehicle in front shows the signal to overtake
1. During low light
2. When there is mist.
3. During hill station driving
1. Pedestrians crossing
2. Fast driving.
3. Stopping the vehicle
1. Stop the vehicle
2. Drive fast
3. Allow free passage by keeping the vehicle to the side of the road
1. Compulsory left turn
2. Overtaking prohibited
3. No Entry
Q 16. At Red Traffic Light You should..
Options.1. Stop the vehicle
2. Slow down and proceed
3. Increase the speed
2. No Horn
3. No Parking
1. Inconvenience or danger to other traffic
2. When the vehicle in front is not moving slowly
3.During peak hours
2. 3.28 meters
3. No limit.
Q- 20. What is the permitted speed of heavy motor vehicle near school?
1. 21 Km/Hour
2. 16 Km/Hour
3. 15 Km/Hour
Answer- Option- 3
1. No Parking
2. No entry
3. One Way
1.Right Turn Prohibited
2.No Left Turn
3.Side road left
3. Go Slow
RTO Kerala Details With Code
Kerala RTO Head Office- Contact Details
Pin code 695 014
Phone -+91 471-2333337
Mail id- email@example.com
If you require more RTO Kerala Licence Details like the status of your application,duplicate licence, Licence renewal, Online service etc please visit https://mvd.kerala.gov.in/