Digital Ration cards are such documents that are issued by the State of West Bengal through an online application form. Its functions are akin to that of regular ration cards. The digital ration cards are easy to obtain as it does not involve the unnecessary hassle of going to the concerned government department and getting the application form and then filling it manually. In this article we will discuss the application prcocess of Digital Ration Card in West Bengal
The digital ration card is easy to obtain. You have to apply for it on the official website available online. The detail needs to be filled up by the applicant, and he will soon receive his ration card. The digital ration cards in West Bengal are issued by the Food and Civil Supply Department of the State. The procedure to apply for is straightforward and easy. You can easily apply for the digital ration card online and soon download it from the official site.
Application For Digital Ration Card in West Bengal
The issuance of ration card becomes very important if a person falls below the poverty line or above the poverty line. The ration card provides essential commodities at a nominal rate to such families.
Ration card is issued only by the State Governments and not by the Central government. Therefore, the person who intends to get a ration card has to go to the concerned State Government in the State where he is domiciled. Many State Governments provide the issuance of ration card manually as well as through online means.
The State of West Bengal issues digital ration cards to the people falling under the Below Poverty line (BPL) family and Above Poverty Line (APL) families. The State Government state has converted the regular ration card to digital ration cards and has simplified the process of application for digital ration card in West Bengal.
Benefits of Digital Ration Card
All the essential commodities and commodities of basic requirements are provided to the person who has obtained the digital ration card by the West Bengal government. Such essential commodities may include wheat, rice, pulses, sugar, and fuels of basic requirements such as petrol, LPG, kerosene oil, etc. These essential commodities are provided under the Public Distribution System at nominal rates that have been approved by the West Bengal Government.
Eligibility for Digital Ration Card in West Bengal
For a person to apply for the digital ration card issued by the West Bengal Government, the applicant needs to fulfill specific requirements. The eligibility for Digital Ration Card application is as follows-
• The applicant should not possess any other ration card at the time of applying for the digital ration card in the State of West Bengal.
• The couples who are newly married can also avail the facility of digital ration card in West Bengal.
• The applicants who have already issued a ration card and expired ration card holders can also apply for such digital ration card.
• The persons who have a temporary ration card can also apply for the digital ration card under the state of West Bengal..
Documents Required for Digital Ration Card
For obtaining the digital ration card in the state of West Bengal, an applicant needs to have certain documents with him. These documents are necessary for getting the digital ration card in State of West Bengal are-
• Identity proof– Identity proof should contain your photo. A photo identity proof may be any document issued to you by the Government of India in personam. Such identity proof may be the Aadhar card, Voter ID card, Driving License, Bank Passbook, Passport, etc.
• Valid residential address- you should have a valid residential address for applying for digital ration card in the state of West Bengal. Electricity bill, water bill, house tax bill, etc can be served for the purpose of a valid residential address.
• Application form- The application form should be filled in by the applicant with all the details. The details mentioned should be correctly mentioned in the application form. If any person fakes his identity or the details mentioned in the application form to obtain the digital ration card, has to face legal consequences. He may also be criminally prosecuted by the court of law under the concerned laws.
• Details of the family members- The details of all the family members of the household should be mentioned correctly in the application form.
Note: Only near relatives would be considered as family members for the purpose of obtaining a digital ration card by the West Bengal Government. The family relations that are too remote won’t be considered for this purpose.
• Income Certificate-For obtaining a digital ration card from West Bengal government it is very necessary to mention the income of all the members that are considered to be the family of the applicant. For this purpose, income certificate of each and every member will be taken.
How to Apply for Digital Ration Card Online
For the purpose of applying for the digital ration card, the applicant needs to follow certain steps when he intends to obtain the digital ration card by online means.
Steps to Apply For Digital Ration Card in West Bengal
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Food and Supply department of the Government of West Bengal. The official site is https://www.wbpds.gov.in/.
Step 2: After going to the Home page of this official site, go to the main ‘menu’ option. Click on ‘view forms’ option that you see here.
Step 3: You will see the option of ‘Application of ration card’. Click on this option and the form will appear in front of you.
Step 4: Fill the form correctly. Fill in all the details of yourself and your family members.
Step 5: Submit the application form with the documents required for the purpose to the nearest office of issuance of ration card. Don’t forget to obtain your application number thereafter.
Offline Procedure to Obtain Digital Ration Card:
A digital ration card can also be obtained through an offline mode. The person who intends to obtain a digital ration card from the State of West Bengal should visit the nearest ration card office in the State. An application form will be provided by the concerned officer in charge residing in the office. Fill the application form.
Put the details of yourself and your family members correctly. Self-attest the documents that are required for this purpose and submit the application form in the office itself. Collect your application number thereafter.
How to Check the Status of Digital Ration Card Online?
Once you have submitted the application form for the digital ration card, you can avail the facility of checking the status of your digital ration card online. Follow the below mentioned steps to check the status of digital ration card after you have applied for it-
• Visit the official website of the Food and Supply Department of the Government of West Bengal.
• Go to the main menu.
• Click on get ration card details.
• Enter the application number that has been provided to you at the time of filling up of the application form.
• Click on the search button.
• The details of your digital ration card will be displayed in front of you and you need to fill the details of the beneficiaries in the form
You can search for details of the beneficiaries by following the steps mentioned below-
1) Searching beneficiary by his name
2) Search beneficiary by his card number
After searching the beneficiary from either of the two options available, you need to select the following steps-
• Name of the district
• Name of the block or municipality
• Name of ward or GP
• By entering the first three characters of your name
Click on the search button that is visible to you. A full list is open in front of you which is related to the West Bengal digital ration card.
This page contains information about the details of digital ration card in West Bengal and the online application process. For status of digital card application and more information regarding West Bengal Public Distribution System you may visit the official website of WBPDS given below Check the Status of Digital Ration Card online https://wbpds.gov.in/
Commodities distributed to digital ration card Holders
The essential commodities that are provided by the government of West Bengal are distributed to customers through the P.D.S. outlets. P.D.S. outlets can only be accessed by the cardholders and no other ordinary citizen. There is a different criterion for the distribution of these commodities to different categories.
People who have BPL ration card, APL ration card, AAY cards are eligible to obtain these commodities at different prices fixed by the government. For such distribution, a portal is a set-up by the West Bengal government. The portal is West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS). This portal provides complete information about the Public Distribution System.